YOU’RE IN SAFE HANDS
At El Segundo Optometry, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health, our office always practices a high level of infection control by following standard precautions for patient care as provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Due to the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are taking extra precautions.
Here is what we are doing to protect you.
- Disinfecting exam rooms before every exam
- Disinfecting office surfaces every hour
- Managing appointments to allow for social distancing between patients and reduce waiting time for you
- Offering telehealth exams when appropriate
How to prepare for your appointment.
- Fill out forms in advance. When possible we will send you forms in advance so you can complete them before coming in for your appointment.
- Call our office when you arrive for your scheduled appointment. We will ask you screening questions and ensure the office is prepared for you.
- No guests please. Guests will be asked to wait outside. Minors may come with one adult.
- Face coverings are required to be worn by all staff and patients within the office.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided when you enter the office.
We are still offering telehealth services.
- Examples of reasons to request a telehealth appointment:
- Red eye infection (conjunctivitis)
- Swollen eyes
- Discomfort or pain in or around eyes
- Dry eyes
- Eye allergies
- Call our office for more information about telehealth exams
Please call our office to reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell.
- If you have any of the following symptoms, please consult with your primary care provider:
- Cough or shortness of breath
- Fever or body aches
- Please notify our office before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with has been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.